Monday, September 1, 2008

Lake Tahoe

Went to Lake Tahoe this weekend to race. The wind was so bad, I ended up not racing. So sad. But we totally made up for it. Saturday we hung out at the beach, then the pool and then had the BBQ of all BBQs.
Oh the BBQ. Our whole Hui Wa'a Ohana got together and had good food and good times. One of the guys busted out his ukulele and we all jammed out for a a few hours while drinking some good wine. The music was so great that neighbors came from everywhere to check out what was going on. We just sat there and sang along enjoying the evening. A million picture could never capture how awesome it really was.
Sunday we slept in! Then we went to an amazing breakfast place that overlooked the water. We were bummed since the weather was so windy we couldn't really do much in the water, so we decided to call it a weekend and head back. Who knew what more adventures would come...

If there are stairs, I must try them...
Mike & I chilling on the beach
Scrunchy face! Trying to sleep in the car.
Nicole & I gangsa style...
We are all worn out, waiting to see if we race or not.
View from breakfast.
The girlies.

The adventures continued on the way home! We stopped at the Vacaville outlets. I thought I was going to support everyone else shopping... boy was I wrong. I think I ended up buying the most! But that's okay, because how many times am I going to be in Vacaville again, right? I ended up with some awesome stuff!
Then we went to this Chinese restaurant that was like no other place I have been. It's not your typical americanized Chinese food (thank goodness, because what would be the fun it that?!). It was a bit overwhelming at first, but the crew took care of me.(they just ordered for me, lol) I ended up LOVING IT!! We had this great tofu dish and a porridge that had fermented egg in it (which wasn't bad at all!) And to top it all off, I had frog legs! And they really do taste like chicken. I thought that is what I was eating until Mike corrected me. What a fun experience.
I have to thank the friends that were with me... if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have had such a great experience overall. They have opened my eyes to new experiences and I just hope they learn a little from me because I sure am learning A LOT from them!!!

What a weekend...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Tahoe! It sounds like you had a blast even though the race was cancelled. Miss you!