Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Finally recovering?

Grief is an overwhelming process. There are days where I thought I couldn't go on without her in my life. Then there are days where I forget to think about her, those are the scariest. After 1 year, 5 months and 23 days, I finally feel like I am coming out of my grieving shell. Please don't mistake that for me not missing her, because I still do. But now it has become easier to know that I can't call her daily. What has not become easier is knowing I have to make big decisions without her. But, it is all a recovery process. Having her gone has forced me to step outside my comfort zone and confide in others, trust others, and let others in, which isn't always an easy process. But I think it gets better with time. At least that's what people say.

No comments: